Salmon, oriental soy-and-ginger, Gouda Cheeseburger
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 1 1/3 lb (600 g) skinless, boneless salmon filet
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 green onions chopped
- 2 tsp (10 mL) finely chopped ginger
- 2 1 à 2 tsp (5 à 10 ml) sesame seed oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) soya sauce or Tamari sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh coriander
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) breadcrumbs or panko bread crumbs
- 3 to 4 oz (90 to 120 g) Canadian Gouda finely diced
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 to 6 small, sesame seed burger buns
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated carrots
- 24 thin cucumber slices
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
With a large, sharp knife or food processor, chop salmon finely.
Preheat BBQ to medium-high or the oven to 425 °F (210 °C).
Place all ingredients, including Canadian Gouda except garnish and toppings, in a mixing bowl. Season to taste and combine. Divide preparation into four to six parts and shape into patties.
Place patties on grill or on parchment-covered baking sheet on center rack of oven. Cook burgers 12-15 minutes turning them over only once.
Heat burger buns. Garnish burgers with mayonnaise, carrots and cucumbers.
You can also cook the burgers in a skillet over medium-high heat, 5 to 7 minutes per side.