Greek Lamb Burgers with Creamy Tzatziki
Packed with flavour and texture, this Greek Lamb Burger with cream tzatziki is sure to be a hit at your next backyard BBQ.
- Grilling: 14-16 minutes
- Lamb Burger
- 450 g (1 lb) ground lamb meat
- 5 mL (1 tsp) salt
- 5 mL (1 tsp) pepper
- 125 mL (½ cup) chopped olives
- 60 mL (¼ cup) diced red onions
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 125 mL (½ cup) crumbled Canadian Feta cheese
- 5 mL (1 tsp) fresh or dried oregano
- Creamy Tzatziki
- 250 mL (1 cup) plain Canadian yogurt
- 250 mL (1 cup) grated and drained cucumber
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 60 mL (¼ cup) chopped fresh mint
- 15 mL (1 tbps) olive oil
- 5 mL (1 tps) salt
- 5 burger buns
- Sliced red onions
- Sliced tomatoes
- Bibb Lettuce
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Preheat BBQ or smoker to 400-450 °F (205 – 230 °C).
In a large bowl mix together the lamb, salt, black pepper, olives, onions, garlic, feta, and oregano. Once thoroughly combined, form meat into burger patties.
Once BBQ is at temperature, place burgers onto the BBQ and close the lid. Cook on each side for around 7-8 minutes.
While the burgers are cooking, let’s kick on with the tzatziki. In a bowl combine the yogurt, shredded and drained cucumbers, fresh mint, lemon juice, salt, and olive oil.
Once burgers are cooked, it’s time to build. I like to toast my buns and dress the burger with thinly sliced red onions, tomatoes, and lettuce. Finish with a toothpick dressed with a chuck of feta and an olive.