Thai flavours in this zesty creamy sauce bring shrimp to new heights for entertaining. It's remarkably quick and simple to create and is perfect served over rice with sautéed vegetables.
- Prep: 10 min - 12 min
- Cooking: 10 min - 15 min
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 thinly sliced onion
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 to 3 tsp (10 to 15 mL) Thai green curry paste
- 1 tsp (5 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) 35 % cream
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fish sauce or soy sauce
- 1 lb (450 g) large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) freshly squeezed lime juice
- Salt to taste
In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and ginger; sauté for 3 to 5 min or until softened. Add curry paste, to taste, and sugar; sauté for 15 sec. Add cream and fish sauce; bring to a boil, scraping bottom of pan. Boil for 1 min.
Stir in shrimp and simmer, stirring often, for about 3 to 5 min or just until shrimp are pink and opaque. Stir in basil and lime juice; season to taste with salt
For the Adventurous: Add 1/2 cup (125 mL) vegetable stock or water with cream and replace shrimp with 2 lb (1 kg) fresh mussels in the shell. Cover and boil gently for about 5 min or until mussels open. Discard any that do not open.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||13 % / 141 mg|
|Vitamin A:||46 %|
|Vitamin B12:||82 %|
|Vitamin D:||118 %|