A perfect spring supper: it has both a warming, comfort-food quality and the fresh flavour of tender greens.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 3/4 lb (375 g) penne rigate
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 French shallot minced
- 1 bunch of green onions cut into 1˝ (2.5 cm) lengths
- 1 package of asparagus cut into 2˝ (5 cm) lengths
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen green peas
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 oz (240 g) Canadian Cream Cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh chives chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon zest
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Cook pasta according to package instructions.
Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat and cook garlic with shallot, onions and asparagus for 5 minutes.
Add peas and cook 2 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Pour 1½ cups (375 mL) of pasta cooking water into saucepan and add Cream Cheese. Let cheese melt and stir until smooth.
Drain pasta and add to saucepan with chives and lemon zest; mix together and serve.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Ricotta, Mascarpone, Cottage Cheese.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||7 % / 78 mg|