This is the Grilled burritos with Monterey Jack recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 1 1/3 lb (600 g) Canadian lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chili powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cumin
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh parsley chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) breadcrumbs
- 3 oz (90 g) Canadian Monterey Jack grated
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 10 to 12 whole wheat tortillas
- 4 oz (120 g) Canadian Monterey Jack grated
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sour cream
- 1 tomato diced
- 8 lettuce leaves
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Preheat grill to medium.
In a bowl, mix ground beef, chili powder, cumin, parsley, egg, breadcrumbs and Monterey Jack. Season to taste.
Divide mixture into 10 or 12 portions and form into a sausage shape.
Place on grill and cook 10–15 minutes with lid closed, turning frequently, until meat is completely cooked.
Briefly warm the tortillas on grill to soften them.
Top with meat and Monterey Jack, sour cream, diced tomato and lettuce.
Roll and serve.
For more recipes and to join the Make it Beef Club, visit
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Cheddar, Mozzarella, Gouda.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||17 % / 186 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||66 %|