This is the Grilled Mediterranean Panini recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 3 min - 4 min
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) crumbled Canadian Feta
- 8 oz (250 g) Canadian Cream cheese
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped green onions
- 12 slices coarse textured bread 1/2-inch (12 mm) thick
- 1 garlic clove halved
- 6 large roasted red bell peppers minced
- A dash of Balsamic vinegar
- Fresh basil to taste or arugula leaves
Combine Canadian Feta, Canadian Cream cheese and onions in a medium-sized bowl. Stir well to combine.
Place bread slices on preheated grill. Cook with lid open over medium heat for 3 or 4 minutes or until lightly toasted, turning once halfway through. Rub 1 side of each slice with cut surfaces of garlic.
Divide and spread Canadian Feta mixture over 6 slices of the toasted bread. Top each slice with 2 red bell pepper halves, a sprinkling of balsamic vinegar and a few leaves of fresh basil. Cover with remaining 6 slices of bread. Cut sandwiches in half to serve.
Variation:Replace roasted red bell peppers and balsamic vinegar with thinly sliced smoked salmon and top with thinly sliced red onion. Replace basil with fresh dill.
For a change of taste, use Canadian Feta with Olives and Oregano or Canadian Herb and Spice Cream cheese.
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||24 % / 260 mg|
|Vitamin C:||350 %|
|Vitamin B12:||38 %|
|Vitamin B6:||38 %|
|Vitamin A:||38 %|