This is the Grilled Pork Chops and Zesty Sauce Vierge with Feta recipe.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 12 min
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) melted butter
- 4 pork chops 150 g (5 oz) each
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) red onion chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 large tomato or 2 Italian tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) black olives chopped
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) capers drained
- 1/2 tbsp (2 mL) lemon zest finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (5 mL) orange zest finely chopped
- 2 to 3 tbsp (30 to 45 mL) orange juice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Canadian Feta crumbled or diced small
- Ground pepper to taste
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Brush the pork chops with melted butter and season them. Preheat the barbecue or a grill pan to medium-high and cook the pork chops, turning them only once. Cook each side for about 4 minutes depending on the thickness and desired doneness (pork is tender and delicious served pink).
While the pork is cooking, in a saucepan, cook the onion in butter over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add the remaining vegetables and the citrus juice and zest. Pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and remove from the heat. Set aside covered. Add the Feta to the sauce.
Serve the grilled pork accompanied by the sauce and pasta. Coat the pasta with the remaining sauce.
Suggestion:This sauce can be served with other meats or with fish. The remaining sauce can be served warm or cold on crackers or slices of baguette bread as canapés.
Try it with Canadian Bocconcini, Mozzarella, or Havarti, etc.
Nutritional informationPer serving