This is the Grilled Romaine Salad with Cheddar recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 8 min - 10 min
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Greek plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Milk
- 1 minced clove garlic
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) capers drained and chopped
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 cups (750 mL) cooked fusilli or other short pasta
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Canadian Medium Cheddar shredded
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 head of romaine lettuce quartered lengthwise
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
Preheat grill to high heat.
In a large bowl, mix yogurt, milk, garlic and capers. Season to taste, add pasta and half of Cheddar cheese. Reserve.
Brush bell peppers and lettuce quarters with oil, then season with pepper. Cook peppers on grill for 4–5 minutes on each side and briefly grill lettuce quarters.
Cut bell peppers into strips and add to pasta. Place grilled lettuce on plates, add pasta and sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese. Serve.
As a variation, add other grilled vegetables, such as zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms and red onions.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Swiss cheese, Gouda, or Mozzarella.
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||25 % / 279 mg|
|Vitamin C:||92 %|
|Vitamin A:||60 %|