This is the Halibut on Tropical Fruit Salsa recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 10 min - 12 min
- 4 fillets halibut or monkfish about 1 1/2 lbs (675 g) total
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) bottled poppy seed dressing and dip
- 1 tsp (5 mL) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced fresh mango
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) minced onion
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground pepper
Preheat grill to medium-high.
Brush fish with 2 tbsp (30 mL) of dressing; dot with butter. Stir remaining dressing with pineapple, mango, red onion, red pepper, coriander, flour, salt, hot pepper sauce and pepper.
Take a rectangle of heavy-duty foil and seal on three sides to form a bag (or use a pre-prepared 'hot bag'). Spoon salsa into the bag set on a baking sheet. Place fish on top of salsa and seal bag tightly.
Slide bag from baking sheet onto grill and cook for 10 to 12 minutes. Let stand in closed bag for up to 5 minutes or until fish flakes when tested. Serve fish over salsa.
Learn more about
|Calcium:||11 % / 110 mg|