The perfect spring-time brunch for special occasions and family get-togethers. For vegetarians, just leave out the ham.
- Prep: 30 min
- Cooking: 1 h 5 - 1 h 10
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) diced cooked ham
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) tightly packed, grated Canadian-Swiss cheese
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 lb (1 Kg) medium potatoes peeled and very thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups (500 mL) 35 % cream
- 2 cups (500 mL) 2-inch (5 cm) pieces thin asparagus
Toss onion and ham together in bowl. In separate bowl, toss 2 cups (500 mL) cheese and flour together.
Layer 1/4 of the potatoes in lightly buttered 9-inch (23 cm) square dish, at least 2 1/2-in (6 cm) deep. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, 1/4 of the ham and 1/4 of the cheese. Repeat layering ending with cheese.
Heat cream in saucepan until hot; evenly pour over potatoes.
Set pan on baking sheet to catch any spill-over. Cover; bake 50 min in preheated 350 °F (180 °C) oven.
Uncover, scatter with asparagus and remaining cheese; continue to bake 15-20 min until asparagus and potatoes are tender. Let stand 15 min before serving.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||43 % / 471 mg|
|Vitamin A:||37 %|
|Vitamin B12:||45 %|