This is the Harvest Golden Acorn Squash recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 25 min - 30 min
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 2 lb (1 Kg) acorn squash* peeled and cut into 1/2 inch (1.2 cm) cubes
- 2 medium carrots finely chopped
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 4 fresh plum tomatoes chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) water
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) tomato paste
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35 % cream
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Melt butter in large non-stick skillet over heat. Add squash, carrots, onion, tomatoes, garlic, 2 tbsp (30 mL) rosemary, salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 10 min, stirring occasionally.
Add water and tomato paste. Cover and cook for 10 to 15 min or until vegetables are cooked.
Add cream and cook for 2 to 3 min until thickened. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Serve sprinkled with remaining rosemary and parsley.
*To make peeling and dicing of squash easier, place squash in microwave for 5 to 6 min on defrost, then peel and dice it.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||8 % / 83 mg|
|Vitamin A:||73 %|
|Vitamin B6:||17 %|
|Vitamin C:||36 %|