This is the Hearty lentil, pesto and Colby soup recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 1 tbsp (15) butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 celery stalks finely sliced
- 1 large carrot diced
- 2 cups (500 mL) sodium-reduced vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 can (540 mL) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup (250 mL) green cabbage cut into pieces
- 1 cup green and/or yellow beans cut into 1˝ (2.5 cm) lengths
- 1 can (540 mL) green lentils rinsed
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) homemade or store-bought pesto
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Canadian Colby grated or diced
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
In a large saucepan, melt butter on medium heat and brown onions, celery and carrot for 3–4 minutes.
Add broth, tomatoes, cabbage and beans.
Bring to a boil and let simmer 5 minutes.
Add lentils and pesto. Let simmer 5 more minutes.
Divide into bowls and garnish generously with Colby. Savour.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||25 % / 270 mg|
|Vitamin C:||36 %|