This is the Hearty Soups recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 15 min - 20 min
- Thyme and parsley
- Marjoram and parsley
- Italian seasoning or cumin
- Cooked peas and diced potatoes
- Cooked corn and sliced mushrooms
- Cooked, chopped broccoli, zucchini and shredded carrot
- Any cooked whitefish, shrimp or both
- Chopped, cooked ham or cooked smoked sausages
- Canned beans in tomato sauce, cooked lentils or chickpeas
- Canadian Cheese
- Grated Cheddar
- Grated Swiss
- Grated Monterey Jack or Grated Montererey with jalapenos
- Grated Colby
- Grated Gouda
Melt 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter in large saucepan. Cook 1 chopped onion, 1 chopped stalk of celery and herbs, to taste, until tender.
Remove pan from heat and blend in 1/3 cup (80 mL) flour then 3-1/2 cups (875 mL) chicken broth. Cook and stir until mixture boils.
Remove pan from heat and add 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) cooked vegetables, 1 cup (250 mL) cooked fish/meat/legumes and 2 handfuls of cheese. Stir until cheese melts. Top each serving with more cheese and paprika, if desired.