This is the Hearty vegetarian biryani with Gouda recipe.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 3 cups (750 mL) basmati rice cooked
- 2 tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen green peas
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh ginger chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sodium-reduced vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (80 mL) raisins
- 1 can (540 mL) chickpeas rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Canadian Gouda diced
- Fresh mint or parsley
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Preheat grill to medium heat. Place two large squares of aluminum foil on work surface. Cover with parchment paper.
In a bowl, mix rice with all ingredients except Gouda and mint. Transfer mixture onto parchment paper.
Cover with another square of aluminum foil and seal the sides tightly. Cook on grill for 10–15 minutes. Open up papillote, garnish with Gouda and mint, and serve immediately.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Cheddar, Mozzarella, Havarti.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||39 % / 430 mg|