This is the Herb Buttered New Potatoes-Hot Off The Grill recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 1 h
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter softened
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh thyme, rosemary, dill or sage chopped
- 6 (about 5 oz / 150 g each) medium red tomatoes or white new potatoes
- 6 fresh bay leaves halved
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme, rosemary, dill or sage
Beat together butter, garlic, mustard, vinegar and thyme. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Cut each potato into thin (1/4 inch / 6 mm) slices, but do not cut all the way through; fan slices slightly and insert a couple of bay leaf pieces into each.
Place potatoes in centre of 12 inch (30 cm) squares of heavy duty foil. Top each with 1 tablespoon (15 mL) of the herb butter and a sprig of fresh herb; wrap loosely.
Place foil packets on grill and cook, with lid closed, directly over low heat 50 to 60 minutes or until fork tender. Remove bay leaves and herb sprigs. Serve potatoes with remaining herb butter.