Herbed Ricotta Primavera with Pasta
Hearty, healthy, calcium-rich and tasty.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 10 min - 15 min
- 2 cups (500 mL) rotini or fusilli
- 2 tsp (10 mL) butter
- 2 tsp (10 mL) olive oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) onion finely chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) red pepper chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) zucchini chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) mushrooms chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried oregano
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fresh flat-leaf parsley minced
- 1 Container 1 container (15 1/2 oz/400 g) Canadian Ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Canadian Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup (125 to 180 mL) Milk
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In large heavy saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, heat butter and oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté onion until transparent. Add vegetables, herbs and garlic. Sauté 5 minutes.
Add sautéed vegetables to drained pasta in saucepan. In skillet, mix together Ricotta and Parmesan and heat through.
Blend into pasta mixture. Thin with milk as needed. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutritional informationPer serving
|Calcium:||59 % / 588 mg|