Assemble this in the evening; let it soak in the refrigerator overnight and in the morning you’re ready to bake up a fabulous breakfast with assistance of the any day magic of cream.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 40 min
- Refrigeration: 6 h - 12 h
- 8 cups (2 L) cubed white or whole grain bread (about 1 lb/500 g)
- 2 cups (500 mL) frozen mixed berries
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) 10% half-and-half or 18% table cream
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) liquid honey
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- Warm honey
Spread bread cubes in a buttered 13 x 9-inch (33 by 23 cm) or 10-inch (25 cm) glass baking dish. Sprinkle berries over bread.
In a large measuring cup with a spout or a bowl, whisk eggs until frothy. Whisk in cream, honey, vanilla and cinnamon; pour evenly over bread mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
Pre-heat oven at 350 °F (180 °C).
Let pudding stand at room temperature while preheating oven. Bake, uncovered, for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden, puffed and a knife inserted in centre comes out clean. If top is browning too quickly, cover loosely with foil. Serve drizzled with more honey.
* Use hearty, bakery-style bread for the best texture. Pre-sliced, packaged sandwich breads tend to be too soft and airy.
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||12 % / 135 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||24 %|