This is the Hot Dogs with Creamy Bruschetta Topping and Bocconcini recipe.
- Prep: 10 min - 15 min
- Cooking: 8 min - 10 min
- 1 cup (250 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper diced
- 1 Italian tomato diced or 4 sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 4 Italian sausages
- 4 Saputo Bocconcini balls quartered
- 4 Villaggio Italian-style hot dog rolls toasted
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the barbecue.
In a bowl, stir together mayonnaise, garlic, onion, yellow pepper and tomato. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Poach sausages for 3 minutes then grill on barbecue, on all sides, for 5 minutes or until well done. Remove from heat and cut 4 incisions into each sausage without cutting through. Insert a piece of cheese into each incision.
Divide topping evenly among toasted buns, and place a sausage in each one.
Learn more about