A simple but fancy-feeling fruit and cheese course with deliciously comforting flavour. Also makes for a quick and tasty snack.
- Prep: 5 min
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 2 apples Spartan or Cortland, cut into matchsticks
- 4 oz (120 g) Canadian Brie sliced into 4 pieces
- 2 tsp (10 mL) brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) allspice or blend of ground cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and ginger
- 1 1/2 tbsp (25 mL) walnuts coarsely chopped
Pour lemon juice into a bowl.
Place cut apples immediately into bowl and coat with lemon juice to prevent browning.
Put slices of Brie on a plate. Top with apples and sprinkle with brown sugar, spices and walnuts.
Cheese alternative: Canadian Camembert.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||6 % / 65 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||25 %|