This is the Jamaican Halloumi cheese brochettes recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 5 min - 7 min
- 1 red or green bell pepper cut into pieces
- 1 small red onion cut into pieces
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh pineapple cut into cubes
- 8 oz (240 g) Canadian Halloumi cut into cubes
- Jamaican Marinade (jerk)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 lime zest and juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) jerk seasoning (cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg)
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
In a bowl, mix ingredients together for the marinade.
Thread the vegetables, pineapple and Halloumi cubes onto skewers.
Brush with marinade and set aside at least 30 minutes.
Preheat grill to high heat and cook brochettes for 5–7 minutes, turning occasionally.
Alternatively, the brochettes may be broiled in the oven, for about 5 minutes, turning them over to ensure even cooking.
Cheese alternative: Canadian Paneer.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||37 % / 406 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||51 %|
|Vitamin B6:||25 %|
|Vitamin C:||106 %|