Japanese-style steak sandwich
This is the Japanese-style steak sandwich recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 6 AA Canadian strip loin grilling steaks
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh ginger chopped
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 12 slices crusty bread or 6 thin whole-wheat burger buns
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) low sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) green onions chopped
- 6 slices Canadian Havarti
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Preheat grill to medium heat or oven to 425°F (220°C).
In a bowl, coat steaks with low-sodium soy sauce and ginger. Season to taste.
Place on grill or on a parchment-covered baking sheet on centre rack of oven. Cook steaks 12 to 15 minutes, turning them over just once.*
Heat buns and spread with teriyaki sauce.
Cut steaks into thin slices and fill buns. Add green onions and Havarti. Let melt, then serve.
*To make sure your meat is cooked properly, it is highly recommended to use a food thermometer.
Canadian Mozzarella, Cheddar, Provolone, Gouda
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||27 % / 297 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||139 %|