This is the Kids' Favourite Cheese Fondue recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 10 min
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) unsweetened apple juice
- 2/3 lb (300 g) grated Canadian Swiss cheese
- 1/2 lb (225 g) grated medium Canadian Cheddar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1 to 2 tbsp (15 to 30 ml) fresh chives chopped (optional)
In a fondue pot, bring the apple juice to a boil over medium heat.
Mix the grated cheeses with the cornstarch, making sure the cheese is well covered. Add the cheeses to the fondue pot gradually and let them melt while stirring continuously with a wooden spoon.
Add pepper to taste and the chives.
Serve immediately with bread, cold cuts, vegetables and fruits.