This recipe is taken from the 1979 Milk Calendar. This is the Lasagna Special recipe.
- Prep: 30 min
- Cooking: 1 h
- 12 oz (350 g) cooked lasagna pasta
- 3-4 cups (750 mL-1 L) turkey or chicken or ham cooked and diced
- 12 oz (360 g) frozen spinach blanched, drained and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Canadian creamed cottage cheese
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 1/2-2 cups (375-500 mL) grated Canadian Cheddar or Swiss
- Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) butter
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) celery salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups (1 L) Milk
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Butter a 9 x 13-inch (23 x 33 cm) baking dish or lasagna pan.
Sauté onion in butter until golden. Blend in flour and seasonings and stir until bubbly. Gradually add milk and cook over medium heat until smoothly thickened about 10 minutes.
Mix spinach, cottage cheese, parsley and eggs together.
Spoon a thin layer of sauce in bottom of baking dish. Cover with a layer of lasagna, side by side. Add half the turkey, half the spinach-cheese mixture and spoon about one-third of the sauce over all. Top with another layer of lasagna, then turkey, spinach-cheese and sauce mixtures. Finish with a layer of lasagna, spoon remaining sauce on top and sprinkle with grated cheese.
Refrigerate until ready to bake. Bake at 350 °F (180 °C) for about 1 hour. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting in squares to serve.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||32 % / 347 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||51 %|