Lemon Berry Crisp with Canadian Swiss
A package of frozen fruit can turn into a tempting and comforting dessert that is so simple to make. Enjoy!
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 40 min - 45 min
- 1 1/3 lb (600 g) mixed frozen berries
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grated lemon rind
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Canadian Swiss cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) large flaked rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) butter melted
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) vanilla yogurt
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Lightly butter a 8-inch square (20 cm) glass baking dish.
In bowl, combine berries, sugar, flour and lemon rind; toss to coat evenly and spread into prepared baking dish.
In bowl, combine cheese, oats, flour and sugar; drizzle with butter and toss to mix. Sprinkle evenly over fruit.
Bake for 40- 45 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is bubbling. Serve warm or at room temperature topped with vanilla yogurt.
To get more juice from a lemon, store at room temperature. Grate the peel first and then juice. Freeze any leftover juice in small container for future use.
Add 1/4 cup (60 ml) of chopped toasted pecans or walnuts to the topping. For a special treat, top with whipped cream or ice cream instead of vanilla yogurt.
Substitute Canadian Cheddar for the Swiss.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||21 % / 234 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||39 %|