This Lemon Blueberry Muffins recipe is a Dairy Farmers of Canada classic, appearing 3 times in the Milk Calendar: 1985, 1989 and 1996.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 25 min - 30 min
- 1 cup (250 mL) butter at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) grated lemon rind
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) yellow cornmeal
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1 cup (250 mL) Milk
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) fresh blueberries patted dry
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Cream butter and sugar until light. Add eggs one at a time; beat well after each addition. Beat in vanilla extract, lemon juice and lemon rind. Do not worry if mixture looks curdled.
Reserve 2 tbsp (30 mL) flour for the blueberries. Combine remaining flour, cornmeal, baking powder and baking soda. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Toss reserved flour with blueberries and stir into batter gently.
Spoon batter into buttered muffin pans (or line with paper cups); batter should come almost to top of pans. Bake in a preheated 350 °F (180 °C) oven for 25 to 30 min or until just turning golden.
Remove from pans and place on wire racks to cool.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||6 % / 65 mg|
|Vitamin A:||10 %|