This is the Lemon Twist recipe.
- Prep: 25 min - 30 min
- Cooking: 30 min
- 1 (250 mL) Break-Free Liquid Eggs* well shaken
- 1 cup (250 mL) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Simply Egg Whites* well shaken
- 1 cup (250 mL) Five Roses Cake and Pastry Flour
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) icing sugar
- Lemon Curd
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) cornstarch
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) Realemon Lemon Juice**
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Break-Free Liquid Eggs* well shaken
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cold butter cubed
- 1 cup (250 mL) wild blueberries
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
Line a 15 x 10-in (40 x 25 cm) jellyroll pan with parchment paper. Whisk eggs with sugar and vanilla. In another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Fold gently into egg/sugar mixture.
Stir flour with baking powder and salt. Sift over egg mixture and fold. Spread evenly into prepared pan. Bake in middle of oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
Spread a tea towel on counter and dust evenly with icing sugar. Turn the hot cake onto the towel and remove the paper. Trim any crisp edges from cake and roll up in towel lengthwise. Let cool.
Stir sugar with cornstarch. Whisk in lemon juice until well blended. Stir in eggs. Cook, stirring, in a double boiler until very thick, about 10 minutes. Add butter to mixture gradually, stirring constantly. Chill until set.
Unroll cooled cake. Spread cooled lemon curd over cake. Sprinkle with blueberries. Re-roll. Slice and serve.
* To replace Break-Free Liquid Eggs with whole eggs and Simply Egg Whites with egg whites, please consult the conversion charts on the manufacturer's Web site:www.burnbraefarms.com
** Realemon Lemon Juice can be replaced with an equal quantity of freshly squeezed lemon juice.