A scrumptious, sunny salad that makes a wonderful flavourful dish.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 30 min - 40 min
- 1 cup (250 mL) dried green lentils or dried brown lentils
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) red onion finely chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) halved cherry tomatoes
- 5 oz (150 g) Canadian Havarti cheese diced small
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh thyme finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) white wine vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Cook lentils in 4 cups (1 L) of water with salt and bay leaf until tender, 30 to 40 minutes. Drain and chill.
Mix dressing ingredients together.
Combine lentils with remaining salad ingredients. Toss with dressing and serve.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
|Calcium:||42 % / 417 mg|