This is the Lentil Salad with Havarti Cheese recipe.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 30 min
- 7 oz (210 g) lentils (preferably du Puy lentils)
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh marjoram or oregano chopped
- 8 oz (250 g) cherry tomatoes halved
- 8 oz (250 g) Canadian Havarti cheese in small dice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- A few Belgian endive or curly endive leaves
- Herbs to taste
- 2-3 tbsp (30-45 mL) pine nuts toasted
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Put lentils in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water. Add onion and bay leaf, bring to the boil and boil for 10 minutes. Reduce heat and cook for 20 minutes more, or until lentils are tender.
Drain lentils, remove bay leaf and put lentils in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper, mix in oil and let cool. Incorporate tomatoes, marjoram or oregano, parsley and Canadian Havarti cheese.
Line a salad bowl with Belgian endive or curly endive leaves and pile lentil salad into the centre. Sprinkle with pine nuts and herbs.
Jean Soulard, Executive Chef, Le Château Frontenac
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||29 % / 323 mg|
|Vitamin A:||17 %|
|Vitamin C:||15 %|