This is the Lentil salad with salmon and Gouda recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 1 cup (250 mL) green lentils
- 1 lb (450 g) Pacific salmon fillet
- 2 cups (500 mL) spinach chopped
- 2 cups (500 mL) carrots grated
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) raisins
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sodium-reduced soy or tamari sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ginger or 2 tsp (10 mL) freshly chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup (250 mL) Canadian Gouda diced
- Freshly ground pepper
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Cook lentils in a saucepan filled with salted boiling water for about 20 minutes or until tender.
Meanwhile, cook salmon in oven at 375°F (190°C) for 12–15 minutes.
In a large bowl, mix remaining ingredients.
Rinse lentils under cold water to stop cooking, drain, and add to bowl.
Toss to thoroughly coat lentils with dressing.
Divide salad and serve topped with salmon.
If you are in a hurry, you can use canned green lentils and salmon. 1 cup (250 ml) of dried green lentils yields approximately 3 cups (750 ml) when cooked. Smoked salmon is a delicious alternative to cooked salmon.
Canadian Havarti, Cheddar.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||19 % / 214 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||122 %|
|Vitamin D:||198 %|