The deceptively decadent, creamy texture of this lightened-up version of a favourite dessert will trick your guests into thinking they're really splurging!
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 10 min
- Refrigeration: 4 h
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) arrowroot cookies or graham crumbs
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter melted
- 1 pouch (1/4 oz/7 g) unflavoured gelatin
- 1 cup (250 mL) 10 % cream or 5 % light cream
- 8 oz (250 g) soft caramels unwrapped (about 30)
- 1 lb (450 g) Canadian Light Cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 cup (500 mL) fresh raspberries
In a bowl, combine crumbs with butter. Press into bottom of a buttered 8- or 9-inch (20 or 23 cm) springform pan; freeze while preparing filling.
In a bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup (60 mL) of the cream; let stand for 5 min until softened. In a saucepan, combine caramels and remaining cream; heat over low heat, stirring until melted. Set 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the caramel aside in a bowl for garnish; cover and refrigerate. Stir gelatin mixture into saucepan and heat, stirring, for about 1 min, until gelatin is dissolved. Let cool slightly.
In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat Cream cheese with sugar until fluffy. Beat in vanilla extract and caramel-gelatin mixture until blended. Sprinkle half of the raspberries over crust and gently drizzle cheese filling over top; smooth top. Refrigerate for about 4 hrs or until set (or up to 1 day).
To serve, arrange remaining raspberries on top of cake. Warm reserved caramel sauce, if necessary, and drizzle over cake. Use a warmed knife to cut.
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||11 % / 120 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||26 %|
|Vitamin A:||12 %|