Lemony and not too sweet ' perfect.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 50 min
- Refrigeration: 15 min
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) toasted slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cold butter diced
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter softened
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) 35 % cream
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) fresh lemon juice
- Finely grated peel of 1 lemon
- 1-2 tbsp (15-30 mL) sugar
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C).
Fit the metal blade into food processor. Pulse together flour, almonds and sugar. Add butter and continue pulsing until crumbly. Mix together egg and vanilla extract and pour over dough, pulsing until evenly moistened.
Press dough firmly into a 10-inch (25 cm) tart pan. Refrigerate for 15 min and prebake for 15 min.
Beat together sugar and butter until creamy. Add yolk and eggs one at a time. Slowly beat in sour cream, 1/2 cup (125 mL) whipping cream, lemon juice and peel. Pour into tart shell.
Reduce oven to 325 °F (160 °C). Bake for 35 min or until set.
Beat remaining cream and sugar to soft peaks and serve with tart.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||8 % / 87 mg|
|Vitamin A:||37 %|
|Vitamin B12:||24 %|