This is the Mac & Cheese BLT recipe.
- Prep: 10 min - 15 min
- Cooking: 15 min - 20 min
- 1 pkg (13 oz/375 g) macaroni
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Milk
- 12 oz (360 g) Canadian Medium Cheddar shredded
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup (250 mL) baby spinach
- 1 cup (250 mL) cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cooked bacon finely chopped
In a large quantity of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain in a colander.
In the same saucepan, melt butter and add flour. Whisk together to create a paste. Add milk while stirring with the whisk. Let simmer until thickened. Gradually mix in cheese to melt. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add pasta, stir and warm up. Divide among bowls. Garnish each with spinach, tomatoes and bacon. Serve immediately.
Canadian Cheese alternatives: Swiss cheese, Provolone, Havarti, Mozzarella.
Nutritional informationPer serving