This is the Mac & Cheese Pizza recipe.
- Prep: 10 min - 15 min
- Cooking: 20 min - 25 min
- 1 pkg (375 g/13 oz) macaroni
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Milk
- 3 cups (750 mL) shredded Canadian Mozzarella
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) pizza sauce
- 4 oz (120 g) sliced cooked ham cut into large strips
- 1 cup (250 mL) mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) bell pepper your choice, cut into strips
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Preheat oven at 425 °F (220 °C).
In a large quantity of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain in a colander.
In a large ovenproof skillet, melt butter and add flour. Whisk together to create a roux (paste).
Add milk while stirring with the whisk. Let simmer until thickened. Gradually mix in 2 cups (500 mL) of cheese to give it time to melt. Season with salt and pepper. Add cooked macaroni, stir and warm up. Evenly spread out in skillet.
Top with pizza sauce, ham, mushrooms, peppers and the remaining cheese. Bake in oven for 15 minutes, then broil for another 3 to 5 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing pizza.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Swiss cheese, Provolone, Cheddar, Havarti.
Nutritional informationPer serving