Inspired by the cuisine of India, this one-dish delight features chutney, cashews and green onions in a delicious combination.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 15 min - 20 min
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper cut in thin strips
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35 % cream
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) mango chutney or peach chutney
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) red wine vinegar or rice vinegar
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) coarsely chopped cashews
Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; add to pan. Cook, turning once, until golden and cooked through, 4 to 5 min per side. Remove chicken to a platter; cover loosely to keep warm.
To pan, add onion, red pepper, ginger and garlic; cook, stirring frequently 2,3 min. Whisk in cream, chutney, mustard and vinegar. Bring sauce to a boil and simmer 5 min until slightly thickened.
Reduce heat and add chicken. Stir in green onions, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with cashews. Serve with rice.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||5 % / 56 mg|
|Vitamin A:||29 %|
|Vitamin B6:||40 %|
|Vitamin C:||79 %|