This crunchy, zesty salad is perfect to have on hand to serve with burgers, grilled chicken or a juicy steak. Double the recipe to make sure there are leftovers to pack for lunch.
- Prep: 15 min
- Refrigeration: 2 h
- 2 stalks celery thickly sliced on the diagonal
- 1/4 English cucumber quartered lengthwise and cut into chunks
- 1 cup (250 mL) cubes Canadian Mozzarella cheese or crumbled Canadian Feta cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) baby carrots thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried oregano
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup (250 mL) grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes halved
In a shallow bowl or container, combine celery, cucumber, cheese, carrots, oil, lemon juice, oregano, fresh basil salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or for up to 2 days.
Just before serving, stir in tomatoes and check seasoning, adding more salt and pepper to taste.
Tomatoes should never be refrigerated so adding them to the salad just before serving preserves their flavour and texture.
Add 1/4 cup (60 mL) black or green olives with the vegetables, if desired.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||15 % / 170 mg|
|Vitamin A:||19 %|
|Vitamin B12:||32 %|
|Vitamin C:||21 %|