A combination of Mascarpone and Greek yogurt adds silky smoothness to this elegantly simple six-ingredient dessert.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 5 min - 10 min
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) raw sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) pink grapefruit juice
- 5 oz (150 g) Canadian Mascarpone
- 1 cup (250 mL) fat-free vanilla Greek-style yogurt
- 2 cups (500 mL) store-bought angel food cake cut into cubes
- 2 cups (500 mL) pink grapefruit cut in segments*
In a saucepan, mix sugar and grapefruit juice. Bring to a boil and let boil for 5 minutes to obtain a syrup. Cool at room temperature.
Using an electric mixer, whip Mascarpone and add yogurt.
Divide angel food cake among 8 verrines or small glasses. Cover with half of Mascarpone cream, add grapefruit segments, then cover with remaining Mascarpone cream.
Top with grapefruit syrup and reserve in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
To section grapefruit : cut off peel and white pith from grapefruit. Holding the fruit over a bowl, cut segments (suprêmes) from between membranes. Strain juice from segments and add to reserved juice. Set segments and juice aside.
Canadian Cheese alternatives: Quark cheese, Cream cheese.
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||8 % / 87 mg|
|Vitamin C:||43 %|
|Vitamin B12:||10 %|