This is the Mediterranean Ricotta fritters recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 10 min - 12 min
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (250 mL) Canadian Ricotta
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) Canadian Swiss cheese grated
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) tomato sauce heated
- 2 tsp (10 mL) black or green olive tapenade
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh herbs (parsley and/or chives) divided
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
In a bowl, whisk egg with Ricotta, flour and nutmeg. Season generously with salt and pepper. Incorporate Swiss cheese and half the herbs.
Drop small spoonfuls of dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake in the oven on top rack for 10–12 minutes or until fritters are puffed up and golden brown.
Place fritters in wonton soup spoons. Garnish with hot tomato sauce, tapenade and remaining herbs.
Cheese alternatives for Swiss cheese: Canadian Cheddar, Gouda, Mozzarella.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||15 % / 160 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||27 %|