This is the Mediterranean-Style Veal Roast with Feta recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 1 h 20
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 3/4 lb (800 g) boneless veal shoulder
- 1 onion quartered
- 2 garlic cloves cut in half
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) beef stock
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) orange juice
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) cinnamon
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Mediterranean topping
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) raisins
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) coarsely chopped toasted almonds
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped o range zest
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) seeded and diced Italian tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely diced Canadian Feta
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
Melt butter in an ovenproof pan and sear veal on all sides. Add onion, garlic, stock, orange juice, cinnamon. Salt and pepper to taste. Roast for 1 hour or to desired doneness.*
Meanwhile, combine topping ingredients. Set aside at room temperature. Remove meat from pan and place on cutting board. Tent with foil and let stand for 5 minutes before carving.
Serve veal immediately with Mediterranean topping and cooking juices.
Suggestion: Cook veal and prepare topping the night before, let veal cool at room temperature and refrigerate overnight. Serve sliced veal and topping cold or at roomtemperature.
*Note: Cooking time is 45 minutes / lb (500 g). Internal meat temperature must reach 155 °F (68 °C) for proper doneness.
For a change of taste, use Canadian Gouda, Mozzarella or Provolone.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
|Calcium:||12 % / 135 mg|