This risotto is amazingly tasty and easy to make. Great the next day, too.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 25 min - 30 min
- 2 cups (500 mL) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dry white wine or additional chicken broth
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 3 cups (750 mL) sliced mushrooms
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) chopped onion
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 1 cup (250 mL) Arborio rice or Italian-style rice
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Canadian Cheddar cheese
- Grated Canadian Parmesan cheese to taste
In medium saucepan, combine chicken broth and wine and bring to a boil. Cover with lid and turn off heat.
In large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat and sauté mushrooms, onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add rice and cook 1 minute.
Gradually add stock-wine liquid by 1 cup (250 mL) amounts while constantly stirring. Cook until rice is tender but still slight firm, about 20 minutes.
Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper. If serving immediately, stir in Cheddar and Parmesan cheese and parsley
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||21 % / 226 mg|