This is the Mixed Herb Pesto Linguine recipe.
- 1 cup (250 mL) lightly packed fresh basil
- 1 cup (250 mL) lightly packed fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) lightly packed fresh oregano
- 3 garlic cloves peeled
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) whole blanched almonds
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Canadian Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb (450 g) linguine or spaghetti
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35 % cream
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Cook penne according to instructions on package, until al dente. Drain and return to saucepan.
Meanwhile, place herbs, garlic and almonds in a food processor; blend until fairly smooth. Add Parmesan and butter; process until smooth. Add salt and pepper.
Place cream in large saucepan; bring to a boil. Boil for a few minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat, stir in herb pesto. Drain pasta, turn into a serving bowl; toss immediately with cream sauce.
Serve with additional Parmesan, if desired.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||30 % / 325 mg|