This is the Mixed Herb Pesto Linguine recipe.
- 1 cup (250 mL) lightly packed fresh basil
- 1 cup (250 mL) lightly packed fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) lightly packed fresh oregano
- 3 garlic cloves peeled
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) whole blanched almonds
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Canadian Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb (450 g) linguine or spaghetti
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35 % cream
Cook penne according to instructions on package, until al dente. Drain and return to saucepan.
Meanwhile, place herbs, garlic and almonds in a food processor; blend until fairly smooth. Add Parmesan and butter; process until smooth. Add salt and pepper.
Place cream in large saucepan; bring to a boil. Boil for a few minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat, stir in herb pesto. Drain pasta, turn into a serving bowl; toss immediately with cream sauce.
Serve with additional Parmesan, if desired.
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||30 % / 325 mg|
|Folate:||120 % / 265 mcg|
|Niacin:||52 % / 12 mcg|
|Magnesium:||49 % / 124 mg|
|Thiamin:||55 % / 0.7 mg|