This is the Monterey Jack mason jar salad recipe.
- Prep: 10 min
- 1 can (14 oz – 398 mL) flageolet beans rinsed and drained
- 1 apple diced
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) raisins
- 2 cups (500 mL) rice cooked
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups (500 mL) arugula or baby spinach
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) pumpkin seeds toasted
- 1 cup (250 mL) Canadian Monterey Jack diced
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In a large bowl, add flageolet beans, apple, raisins and rice. In a small bowl, mix sunflower oil with cider vinegar. Add dressing to the salad and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
Divide mixture among 3 or 4 mason jars, add arugula, pumpkin seeds and top with Monterey Jack. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||32 % / 357 mg|
|Vitamin E:||39 %|