This is the Mozzarella chicken melts recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 10 min
- 1 cup (250 mL) cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) roasted red pepper finely chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh parsley chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 12 slices of baguette
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) Canadian Mozzarella shredded
Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
Shred chicken with fingers, separating meat along grain.
In a bowl, mix chicken with sauce, pepper and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
Spread mixture on bread slices and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Top with cheese and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes or until cheese is golden brown. Serve hot.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Swiss cheese, Cheddar, Gouda, Havarti.
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||9 % / 103 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||18 %|