A simple and delicious crowd-pleaser!
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 25 min - 30 min
- 1 lb (450 g) lean ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) chili powder
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 cups (500 mL) sweet potatoes peeled and shredded
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh coriander (cilantro) chopped
- 6 10-inch (25 cm) whole wheat tortillas
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 3 cups (750 mL) Canadian Mozzarella shredded
Preheat oven to 400 ºF (200 ºC).
In a large skillet, brown ground beef with onion, garlic, spices, salt and pepper. Add sweet potatoes and cook 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and add coriander..
Place 1 tortilla on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Top with about 3/4 cup (180 mL) of meat mixture, 1/5 of tomatoes and 1/2 cup (125 mL) of Mozzarella. Cover with another tortilla and repeat with the rest of tortillas; top with cheese.
Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, broil for last 2 minutes if desired. Cut into wedges and serve with store-bought salsa verde, sour cream and a green salad.
Canadian Cheese alternatives: Monterey Jack, Colby, Gouda.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||27 % / 297 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||110 %|