By Anna Olson
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 25 min
- 1 1/3 cups (330 mL) old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup (250 mL) plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) liquid honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5 mL) pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) unsalted butter melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each, baking soda, salt and ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) walnut pieces, raisins and dried cranberries
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C). Butter a 12-cup nonstick muffin pan or line with paper liners.In a large bowl, stir oats and yogurt together. Stir in honey, egg and vanilla. In a small bowl combine melted butter and brown sugar and stir into oat mixture. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and stir into oat mixture. Add in nuts, raisins and cranberries.
Spoon into prepared muffin pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until the center of the muffin springs back when gently pressed. Let cool in pan for 15 minutes. Transfer to rack to cool completely
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||5 % / 55 mg|