This is the Mushroom–Gouda Melts recipe.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 4 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick slices of crusty Italian bread
- 2 slices of bacon finely chopped
- 2 shallots finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 8 oz (225 g) mushrooms sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Canadian Gouda
- 1 tsp (5 mL) thyme (optional)
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
With the rack in middle position, preheat oven to 425 °F (220 °C). Arrange bread slices in a single layer on a large wire rack. Place rack on a baking sheet and set aside.
In a skillet over medium heat,cook bacon until crisp along with shallots. Add butter and mushrooms and sauté over high heat until golden brown, 5-7 minutes. Season.
Add lemon juice. Adjust seasoning. Spread mushroom mixture on the bread slices. Sprinkle with shredded Gouda and bake 10 minutes. If needed, finish browning under the broiler.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||21 % / 234 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||28 %|