Delicious with veal or braised beef.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 8 oz (227 g) white mushrooms or Crimini (brown) mushrooms halved and finely chopped
- 1 leek white part only, halved and finely chopped
- 2 tsp (10 mL) fresh thyme or fresh parsley
- 2 cups (500 mL) Milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fine cornmeal
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Parmesan finely grated
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) dried tomatoes in oil drained and finely diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In a large skillet, heat butter at medium-high, sauté mushrooms, leek and thyme 6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
In a heavy saucepan, bring milk to a boil at medium-high heat. Sprinkle cornmeal over and whisk in gradually. Reduce heat to medium low while continuing to stir with a wooden spoon for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms, 1/3 cup (80 mL) Parmesan, dried tomatoes and mix well.
Spoon onto plate or divide into 3/4 (180 mL) ramekins. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
If making polenta for the next day, preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C) and reheat ramekins for 10 to 12 minutes.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||28 % / 313 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||44 %|
|Vitamin D:||34 %|