This warm comforting dessert is great for any occasion. Bursting with blueberry flavour perfectly matched with the zing of lemons and the rich maple sauce, it will make any mother feel special!
- Prep: 25 min - 30 min
- Cooking: 1 h 15
- Maple Cream Sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35 % whipping Cream
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter at room temperature
- Bread Pudding
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups (1 L) cubed fresh white bread (about 10 slices, crusts removed)
- 4 cups (1 L) blueberries
- 1 cup (250 mL) white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) 35 % whipping Cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sugar
- Grated zest of 2 lemons
- each salt and red pepper flakes
Maple Cream Sauce:
In medium saucepan, stir together maple syrup and sugar; heat over medium heat until sugar dissolves, about 2 to 3 minutes. Slowly stir in cream; cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter, until melted.
Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Butter a 12-inch (30 cm) oval glass baking dish.
In a large bowl, whisk together egg yolks and eggs; gently stir in bread, blueberries, chocolate, cream, sugar, lemon zest, salt and pepper flakes. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
Pour into prepared dish and bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until golden and knife inserted in centre comes out clean.Serve with Maple Cream Sauce and a scoop of your favourite ice cream.
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||17 % / 191 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||49 %|
|Vitamin A:||40 %|