Chocolate and cherries together with the goodness of Canadian dairy — a trifecta of delectability.
- Prep: 25 minutes
- Refrigeration: Overnight
- 1 ½ cups (375 ml) chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) Canadian butter, melted
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 ml) salt (optional)
- Cheesecake Filling
- 2 pkgs (each 8 oz/250 g) brick-style Canadian cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 1/4 cups (310 ml) Canadian whipping (35%) cream, whipped
- 1 can (19 oz/540 ml) cherry pie filling
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
In medium bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, melted butter and salt (if using) until thoroughly blended. Press evenly into bottom of 9-inch (23 cm) springform pan. Refrigerate until ready to use.
In medium bowl, using handheld electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar, vanilla and salt; beat until very smooth, scraping down sides as needed. Add cocoa powder and beat on medium speed until fully incorporated. A half cup (125 ml) at a time, fold in whipped cream until incorporated. Transfer to chilled crust and smooth top.
Pour cherry pie filling over cheesecake and smooth top. Cover and freeze for 3 hours or refrigerate overnight until set.