This recipe is taken from the 1982 Milk Calendar. Brunch a bunch of friends this weekend. These pancakes are wonderful when served with maple syrup and good company.
- Prep: 5 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) quick-cooking rolled oats
- 2 cups (500 mL) Milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter melted
In a large mixing bowl, blend rolled oats and milk; let stand 5 min.
Stir together flours, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Add dry ingredients, eggs and melted butter to oats, stirring until combined.
Pour 1/4 cup (60 mL) batter for each pancake onto a hot, lightly greased griddle. Cook each pancake until edges become dry and surface is covered with bubbles. Turn and cook second side until golden brown.
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||8 % / 83 mg|