This recipe is taken from the 1982 Milk Calendar. Brunch a bunch of friends this weekend. These pancakes are wonderful when served with maple syrup and good company.
- Prep: 5 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) quick-cooking rolled oats
- 2 cups (500 mL) Milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter melted
In a large mixing bowl, blend rolled oats and milk; let stand 5 min.
Stir together flours, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Add dry ingredients, eggs and melted butter to oats, stirring until combined.
Pour 1/4 cup (60 mL) batter for each pancake onto a hot, lightly greased griddle. Cook each pancake until edges become dry and surface is covered with bubbles. Turn and cook second side until golden brown.
Hack your cereal by making mini versions of these. Place them in a bowl and top with milk and maple syrup. Hello, delicious!
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||8 % / 83 mg|