This recipe is taken from the 2001 Milk Calendar. It's surprisingly easy to create this sophisticated and delightful dessert. Present it garnished with fresh berries, orange sections, candied orange rind or fresh mint leaves.
- Prep: 10 min
- Refrigeration: 1 h - 1 h 30
- 1 pouch (7 g/1/4 oz) unflavored gelatin
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) orange juice freshly squeezed
- 1 cup (250 mL) 1 % or 2 % plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) orange liqueur (optional)
- Finely grated rind of 1 medium orange
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cream 35 % lightly whipped
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In bowl or saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over orange juice; let stand for 5 min. Microwave at Medium-High (70 %) or stir over medium-low heat for 1 min or until dissolved.
Stir in yogurt, sugar, liqueur (if using) and orange rind. Fold in whipped whipping cream. Spoon into individual dishes or stemmed glasses. Refrigerate for about 1 1/2 hours or until set. Garnish as desired.
Make-Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||13 % / 140 mg|
|Vitamin A:||13 %|
|Vitamin B12:||20 %|
|Vitamin C:||31 %|